26 April 2008

Fin away...


Well you can't really see it, but there is an island back there. We braved the crashing tides and went around this bay in order to get to Snoopy Island. SInce, we were at the hotel down the beach, we were to pay 3o dollars each to snorkel here. We decided to park in the Visitor's parking...for free at the cost of being swallowed by the crashing waves and stinging critters..ie:jellyfish.
Our spit I guess wasn't strong enough for the first use of our masks;therefore causing them to be very foggy and full of condensation. It was a weird experience. Since kaia, I have read too much..and seemed to have adopted a keener sense of what is smart and what is..not so smart. All I kept thinking was that, a shark was going to eat my right leg off. I started hyperventilating. Jeff was my eyes from below and I was the ones on the surface since my mask was fogging up so badly. I grabbed his hand..and started up with those legs of mine....finning my life away.
We finally got to the other side of the Bay...and the visibility got a lot better. We started in on our snorkel and saw all sorts of tropical fish..parrotfish, Nemo's and dora's. I swear I saw a sting-ray. Everything was going great until we encountered an array of baby jellyfish. Once again, I smashed the water away from me and turned around. Let's just go on back...and wait until we are cool enough to go and buy the Body Glove spandex head to toe suits to protect us from all this crap.
Needless to say, it was a good time.