24 May 2008

Super salt soakin Psycho


My words...my thoughts could go on and on. This has been by far the worst weekend I've had since we have gotten here. Many reason why?? Could easily have been prevented, but alas, live and learn I suppose. This is why we try to learn from our mistakes and not repeat them. We were to go to Oman this weekend to get visas:as they are only good for 60 days. We pushed this one up to the limit,for other reasons. I happened to get sick the night before we were planning on going out there. We did not exactly have anything in particular planned, but we were going to go along the Northern Shore In Musandam Oman. If you look at a map, you can see that the mountains there are really jagged, and the area itself looks really old and mysterious. There are wooden dhow(long boats)that you can take in between fiords, last time we went when I was here alone, dolphins raced next side of us. It is really gorgeous and I am dying to get kaia in her life jacket that we so terribly needed to get her before we left. Haven't used it once. I know that she would love to be on a boat. So....I wake up the morning we are to leave, my head pounding from illness setting into my bones, spine sore, and throat razor blade shut and killing me to swallow or even talk. I have no choice in the matter, I HAVE TO GO. So, we decide that we are literally going through exit UAE and get omani visa and turn around and come back. All and all about a 3 hour drive, That is if you DON"T get lost. If we had a GPS, I bet we'd still get lost. If anyone knows Jeff and how he is when we get lost, it's not a picnic party. We decided since we were going to Dubai anyways, that we get Jeff's driver's license since now he has his Residence visa and labor card, one last step will make him legit. So we finally arrive, I nearly vomited while we passed a cat with its poor little insided dangling out for every one and their mothers rubber tires to stamp. God, please don't make me have to look at that again. HA HA.