08 June 2008

Welcome to Dreamland


So, realizing that the last posting was a bit on the crabby side, now trying real hard to win my viewers back. I suppose that's just part of the ride, I mean I wouldn't tell you all what my darkest dirtiest secrets are, well, I guess I don't really have any. Well, I we all do but that is not for the Blogging readers ,Nonetheless, that is what this Blog, or why I decided to do this blog. Recording the good times and well, the shitty ones as well. ANd yes, there are bound to be those anywhere you go. I tell you what, this place will give the new meaning to Road Rage...but that is another post.
We took a lovely road trip to Umm Al Quwain, one of the 7 Emirates, which is an easy 2 hour drive. It's on the West side, so you hug the coast most of the trip.
After, a jolloping, cheerful car ride with my friend Leslie and her two boys and kaia we arrived safely to a soon to be very evenful and wet afternoon. Kaia had 2 older boys to keep up with, which I think is great for her. She, indeed can keep up with 2 boys. She went on most of the water rides, and one of which I thought surely she would have had a problem with. THe slides that have 4 and go straight down with a little dip, all tubes, I got pushed before her, and her tube stuck on the top, so she went down alone on her tube. Being that she is tiny tank, her tube swirled around and around and around and all you heard was little blond girl on POltergeist screaming into her closet...the longest highest pitch scream one ever did hear. SHE UBER-loved it!!! once she got spit out of the slide coming in for a clean landing, she signs MORE and yells it at the same time. THat's my brave little mama....Frickin Fearless!!!!!
She went on most of the rides with Jeff since I was just a nervous wreck worrying about water splashing in her face the wrong way, or hair in her eyes, I am certainly a pansy mom for this kid. At once, Kaia got pawned off on Leslie's Mom, simply because I was tired and too stressed out to enjoy myself. What a freak!!!
WHen kaia decided to have a blow out in her swimmer is when I got to partake in more activities. SUper.....can't wait. THe day was great, the water was getting warm and we decided to pack it in, oh after kaia would not let go of a tree branch and wanted to hang on and continue up it.???
We stopped at the discounted LIquor store, where you don't need to have a license, and got some tasties, paid for them US prices. We just don't really drink anymore, because it's just too expensive, so we took advantage, as did many others in the discounted alcohol. We casually noticed that the Locals were parked on the backside of the store...Oh, how outrageous, Yah, we couldn't tell by the Tinted Mercedes taking up 3 parking spots with the OUd seeping outta the windows that you were local??? GOodness...funny people we are!!!!!!
Lotsa love, lotsa hugs we miss you all.please skype,