06 July 2008

BUddha Love

My love for this culture has grown deepeer and deeper over time. We were greeted in Nepal with fresh marigold flowers that were placed around our necks with a special greeting and a greeting spoken word "Namaste" to welcome us into Kathmandu.
Well, thank you kindly, since I just discovered that I was coming here 24 hours ago. While we were stepping down the stairs from Etihad airways, we noticed the vast panoramic view of Himalayan Mountain Range. Since summer is MOnsoon season, the fields were freshly peppered with afternoon rain giving off a rich green hue. Aggggh" COLOR!!!! My body sizzled with goose bumps as we carried into the airport...it was smooth transition into the cab where our GUide awaited with our names on a little card. He reminded me of sparky the seal. "Hello ladiessssh, how wasssh your trip??" Oh, just our luck, the whole country has gone on strike from gas prices, so we were virtually the only ones car on the road besides bicycles and mopeds and ric-shaws. OUr ride was filled with bumpy glimpses of Sacred Cow's meandering through the streets, eye-linered baby faces, dusty stores, bright colored Saari's, smiles and more smiles. Low tourist season, who would want to be here during MOnsoon.????
Well, I suppose people who are competely starved from rain, color and zesty life living people. COme on down...This price is RIght for me....I don't even need to offer you a number people, I will just sit on down and enjoy the view.



 
Posted by Picasa

 
Posted by Picasa